5 Pre-Wedding Day Beauty Treatments to Avoid
When preparing for your wedding day, you want to look and feel your very best. While many women seek out spa treatments to relax and pamper themselves for this momentous occasion, there are some beauty treatments that should be avoided. Stay away from these 5 pre-wedding day beautify treatments to ensure that you don’t encounter any pre-wedding beauty emergencies.
- Botox is not a treatment to mess with right before a wedding. Typically, Botox injection take anywhere from four to five days to become effective anyways, and there are often minor cosmetic complications. You do not want to worry about issues like an allergic reaction, brow drops, or other unattractive irregularities.
- Chemical peels are also a bad idea right before your wedding. These peels actually burn and dissolve dead skin cells on the surface of your skin. They are a great way to even out skin tone, reduce lines and wrinkle and even help with acne. However, right after a peel, you skin will be highly sensitive, dry and irritated. This means it will not be a good foundation for makeup, and may even look red on your wedding day. If you are getting a peel, make sure to schedule it at least 2 weeks ahead of time so that your skin has plenty of time to heal and absorb the benefits of the chemical peel.
- Microdermabrasion is another popular skin treatment for brides. Instead of dissolving dead skins cells, microdermabrasion uses a machine to buff away dead skin cells and reveal new, fresh skin. Again, give yourself about 2 weeks for your skin to replenish after this treatment since common side effects include redness, increased sensitivity and breakouts.
- Don’t get lip fillers right before a wedding. Lip fillers help plump the lips for a more full and voluptuous look. However, immediately after, your lips may be overly swollen which won’t look great in photos and will look unnatural and obvious. Swelling and even bruising may last over 2 weeks before they are able to fully heal, so give yourself plenty of time between any treatment and your wedding day.
- YAG laser treatments are a favorite way to help get rid of sun spots, age marks, and freckles effectively and quickly. This laser targets melanin on the surface of the skin to get rid of and even out any pigment discoloration. This is also a good way to remove tattoos. Whatever your reasoning for wanting a YAG laser treatment, this is not a procedure to do right before a wedding. Schedule your appointment at least a few weeks ahead of time since the negative side effects include patchy skin that is drastically darker than the rest of your skin tone.
All of these treatments are wonderful beauty fixe that can help your skin look as flawless as the skin of Allure Bridals models, however they are not appropriate right before a wedding. Due to their obvious side effects, many can leave your skin red, dry, discolored, or even droopy if you do not give your body enough time to heal and absorb the treatment fully. When in doubt, give yourself extra time so that you will not have to worry about how you look on your wedding day.